As you may know after a debate that I had with my Slavo-macedonian friend in the macforum, I proved simply that the specific inscription was not Venetic.
As I have already said, in order to prove an artifact contains a specific inscription in the international community, one must follow certain steps before making claims.
These steps are:
• To publish the work with proofs in big houses and organizations such as Official Archaeological magazines, international meetings, universities (with related departments) e.t.c. The specific inscription has been published with reference to the “Venetian inscription” in one book and has the positive opinion from a PhD Charles Bryant-Abraham.
• The second step, to recognize this work world wide one must have the positive opinion from three independent Houses. When Independent meaning that e.g. the Slovenia Houses and Macedonian Houses are not independent regarding the Venetic issue. In Greece in order to prove archaeological work, Universities from England, France and Italy are often inquired as to their opinions on the find. Recently, we have had Turkey participate via the Constantinople Houses (Museum, University). These steps for the “Venetic inscription” have never been done.
• The third step after recognition of the analysis must be to publish the findings in the country that has the artifact. In this case the country is Syria. The Syrian museums have answered negatively for the existence of any Venetic inscriptions and any era!!!
Mr Ambrozic wrote in his book:
DIVISION AND ALPHABETIZATION
…DI MI HRANET TO JESEN ZHENO H IO SDRAIE IA JE I RASIA RIBOLEUJC
…“AT JE” (?) GOSTOJETOT ON JET OJI DE I TE ROJ…J
DI MI HRANET TO JESEN ZHENO H JO SDRAIE JA JE I RASIA RIBOLEUJC
…“AT JE” (?) GOSTOJETOT ON JE TOJI DE I TE ROJ (VAR)J !
If you observe in the given scanner photo you will see clearly that Mr Ambrozic forgets to mention two major thinks.• In the First line he forgot to alphabetized and transcript some letters.such as the DY(first line, 3-4 letters)
• and one character in the second line that was the sampri (a Greek numerical letter)
In the inscription according the scanner photos you can see clearly the:
• ere are the letters on the epigraph:
-OD- E -OD- YMI8PANEΠOHCENZHNO8IOC -RKB- AIEIAEIBACIAPIBWLEOYC
C (missing) TPATHΓOCTOΞOTWNETOYCΔEYTEPOY, and the two characters (one of them is the sampri)
• The letters between the “-” can’t be recognised easily. The first and third letter don’t know whether is O or D. The 26th letter don’t know whether is R, K or B.
• In the second line you can read clearly “ΣΤΡΑΤΗΓΟΣ ΤΟΞΟΤΩΝ ΕΤΟΥΣ ΔΕΥΤΕΡΟΥ” or STRATEGOS TOXOTON ETOUS DEYTEROU
• In the first line you can see clearly the word ΙΑΡΙΒΩΛΕΟΥΣ from the Syrian God Yaribol.
• The sampri was the date of the 990. This mean that passed 990 years after the establishment of the Romans. If we estimate the Christian date of the 753 B.C.( establishment of the Romans) and the 990-753 will find clearly that the date of the inscription was the 237 A.D.
So the inscription says and we add the Greek letters that not showed very well in the scanned page
ΘΕΟY ΜΙΘΡΑΝ ΕΠΟΙΗΣΕΝ ΖΗΝΟΒΙΟΣ Ο ΚΑΙ ΕΙΑΣΙΒΑΣ ΙΑΡΙΒΩΛΕΟΥΣ (Σ)ΤΡΑΤΗΓΟΣ ΤΟΞΟΤΩΝ ΕΤΟΥΣ ΔΕΥΤΕΡΟΥ ΙΙΥ 990
(For the ) God Mithra built (constructed) by Zenobios and seated Iariboleous commander archers of the second year 990
We have to add also some critical points:
1. Mithras, the Persian diety worshipped in many parts of the Roman Empire at the time. The god Mithras was also protector and patron of archers since he was himself the “divine archer”
2. Zenobios. Zenobios Means “life of Zeus”, derived from Greek Ζηνο (Zeno), a prefix form of the name of Zeus, combined with βιος (bios) “life”. This was the name of Zenobia, a 3rd-century queen of Palmyra
3. Iariboleous. This is the name of one of the dedicators of the inscription. His name is based on the Greek name of the Semitic Palmyrene god Hierobal or Yaribol or Iariboleous is a commander of archers, and therefore a worshipper of Mithras, the patron god of archers.
The word “ΕΙΑΣΙΒΑΣ” is a Semitic Palmyrene word written in Greek form. The semitic word is “Yasiba”, which means “sitting, seated or enthroned”.
In the engraved sculpture, Iariboleous can be clearly seen seated to the right of Mithras and the other figures.
Palmyrene is a language that used often specially in the Middle East (Egypt, Syria) and the characteristics was that was very close in the ancients Coptic and in Greek. But never deciphered in order to read and translate clearly the ancient inscription. The people that spoke this language have a god of archer the Yaribol.
The inscription is therefore written in the Greek language with the addition of Semitic Palmyrene word “Yasiba” (i.e. “ΕΙΑΣΙΒΑΣ” in the inscription).
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- ΠΟΥΛΑΝΕ τον ΟΤΕ στη Deutsche Telekom… ΠΟΥΛΑΝΕ και την ονομασία της ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑΣ; - April 18, 2011
- Αρχαία Ολυμπία – Λίμνη Καϊάφα: Γη των Θεών και της Ειρήνης - April 18, 2011
- Παίρνει τις περιουσίες των Ελλήνων της Χειμάρρας το αλβανικό κράτος! - April 18, 2011
Want more of this? See these Posts: