A usual habbit of Skopjan propagandists is to use Orthodox icons found in churches in modern FYROM as ‘evidence’ of their culture. In reality this is far from truth. The vast majority of churches in FYROM contain iconographies done by Greek iconographies centuries ago. Just a few examples are:
Monastery of St Naum
In around 1806, the wall decoration inside was fulfilled by the “son of painter Konstantinos from Korytsa” who paint the folowing “Entrance to Jerusalem”, “Jesus Christ”, “Gathering of Archangels” “Theotokos” (all of them of course in greek language)
Around 1889 the painter Stephanos from Lazaropolis was called to paint the already dark wall paintings of the church. All his representations were in Greek of course.
Church of Archangel Michael in the vilage Radonja, Stusko
Here we have wall paintings of 13th c. (Archangel Michael) in Greek, made by the Greek iconographers of North Macedonia at the same period.
Church of St’ Nikolaos – Bolnicki – Ohrid
This church has wall paintings of 1313,1333,1345-46. They were painted by Chrostiras Michael and Eftichios and were finished by their students. All the icons are in Greek.
Church of Theotokos – Bolditska – Ohrid
Icons in Greek language from 14th and 15th centuries are found.
Old St Klemes Ohrid
This church was built by the priest Stephanos, as its visible from the greek inscription in the south entrance when the wall painting was done during 1378.
Small church of Aghioi Anargyroi
This church is found near the church of St’ Konstantinos and Eleni. It has icons of 14th century and in its south wall we can find paintings of St Klemes and the face of the archbishop of Ohrid Konstantinos Kavasillas. All the writings are in Greek.
Church of Aghia Theotokos Tselnitsa
This church has wall paintings of 14th c. and 19th c. which are the last of the iconographer Demetrios from Samarina of Epirus.
Church of St Konstantinos and Eleni – Ohrid
It has iconographies of 1477. The inscriptions are in Greek.
Theotokos i Pestrini – Ohrid
This church was built in 17th c. It has iconographies with the faces of Cyrillos and Methodios and St Athanasios. The painter as revealed by a related text of 19th c. is Emmanouel Georgiou.
Church of St Barbara – Raitsa Debar
It was built in 1592 and has iconographies signed by Stephanos of Mount Athos.
Monastery of St Ioannis bigorski
It has iconographies of 18th and 19th c. Especially you can find there iconographies of the Greek iconographer Demetrios of Samarina.
Church of St Nikolaos in the village Baros
This church was built most likely in 1298 from the Greek “Son of Kapzas” and his wife Maria, during the reign of Andronikos B’ – Michael IX. Everything is written in Greek.
Monaster of Archangel Michael in the village Baros
This monastery has a few snatches from 12th c. like “Jesus in front of Pilatus”, “H apokathilosis” who were owned by the monk Ioannis.
Church of St Nikolaos in the village Monastiri
In this village was initially built by Alexios, relative of Alexios Komnenos in 1095. The abbot Aakios called Ioannikos in 1266 and he built the church as it is now. The whole church is full of iconographies of the same era.
Monastery of Treskavets
There is a Greek insciption in the entrance where Byzantine emperors are being mentioned. It has iconographies of 14th, 15th until 19th c.
St Nikolaos Toplicki
It contains paintings of the famous iconographer Demetrios from Samaria of Epiros.
St Nikolaos in Slepce
Inside there is the icon of Panaghia i Triherousa with Greek inscriptions from unknown artist.
St Athanasios – Galitsani
There are iconographies of 1627, of the Greek iconographer Ionas from Kastoria.
St Demetrios – Mariovo
Iconographies of XIV c. in Greek.
St Demetrios – Monastiri
It was built in 1830 from Vlachs who settled in the area (40,000) after the destruction of Moschopolis in Epiros. We have iconographies of the same era in Greek.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- ΠΟΥΛΑΝΕ τον ΟΤΕ στη Deutsche Telekom… ΠΟΥΛΑΝΕ και την ονομασία της ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑΣ; - April 18, 2011
- Αρχαία Ολυμπία – Λίμνη Καϊάφα: Γη των Θεών και της Ειρήνης - April 18, 2011
- Παίρνει τις περιουσίες των Ελλήνων της Χειμάρρας το αλβανικό κράτος! - April 18, 2011
Want more of this? See these Posts:
ΔΕΝ ΕΠΙΤΡΕΠΕΤΑΙ Η ΑΝΑΔΗΜΟΣΙΕΥΣΗ ΧΩΡΙΣ ΑΔΕΙΑ
Το History-Of-Macedonia.com επιτρέπει την αντιγραφή Υλικού (κείμενα/εικόνες, κτλπ) από την Ιστοσελίδα/Iστολόγιο του, ΜΟΝΟ ΕΦΟΣΟΝ έχει προηγηθεί έγγραφη ή ηλεκτρονική άδειά του.
ΓΙΑ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΙΣΤΟΛΟΓΙΟ:
- Macedonian-era tomb opens to the public in Thessaloniki
January 14, 2017
- Ίβ.Ντάτσιτς: Λάθος που αναγνώρισε η Σερβία τα Σκόπια με το συνταγματικό τους όνομα
January 3, 2017
- Καλή Χρονιά – Happy New Year
December 30, 2016
- «Πράσινο φως» για έργα ανάπλασης στην Αμφίπολη
December 19, 2016
- «Οδηγίες για τη μεταθανάτια τύχη των ψυχών» δίνει ο περίφημος πάπυρος του Δερβενίου
December 19, 2016
HISTORY OF MACEDONIA INDEX
- Albanian Propaganda
- Alexander the Great
- Ancient Historians
- ancient macedonian cities
- ancient macedonian ethnicity
- Ancient Macedonian History
- Ancient Macedonian Kings
- Ancient Macedonian Religion
- Byzantine writers
- Cyril and Methodius
- deca begaltsi
- E-mails from readers
- Falsified ancient texts
- FAQ on Macedonian Issue
- FYROM Human Rights
- FYROM news
- FYROM Propaganda
- General News
- Greek Revolution 1821
- Hellenic language
- Macedonian Culture
- Macedonian news
- Macedonian Symbols
- Medieval Macedonian History
- Modern Historians
- Modern Macedonian History
- Religious Discrimination
- rosetta stone
- Skopjan Propaganda
- Thessalonike & Other Macedonian Cities