Please look at the sequence of events.Tomorrow I will hopefully have the Turkish maps of the Aegean from Athens for the said exercise. I will then dispatch a letter to many key officials in DC demanding that they intervene to the effect that the Exercise be cancelled altogether. If we rise enough of a sting this can be accomplished. You see fro 31 years of mischief by the Turkish Air Force and the loss of 115 Greek Pilots during skirmishes, nobody ever made a real big fuss and nobody applied decisive pressure on Turkey to stop the violations.
These violations of Greek airspace are illegal and unacceptable. Thus, the planned two week exercise should be aborted and the constant violations of Aegean airspace by the Turkish Air Force should be stopped altogether, in the interest of piece. Please sit down and write your a letter to Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton and to President Obama. Thank you and keep well.
All the best,
Michael C. Geokas,M.D.,Ph.D.
The Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton
US Secretary of State
US Department of State
2201 C Street,NW
Washington, DC 20520
(Main switchboard:202\647-4000, ask for the FAX Number).
HIS EXELLENCY PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA
THE WHITE HOUSE
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, DC 20500
To: Mr. Mike Gulas
Supreme President AHEPA
Dear Mr. Gulas:
I have been trying to reach you by phone for three days in order to brief you on some issue of great urgency, all as the SUPREMO of AHEPA. I have spoken to you before on issues of common interest and our conversation was productive.
Here it is:
1. According to Press Reports the Turkish General Staff is planning a Air/Naval exercise for the last two weeks of March in the Aegean Sea in an area to include half of the Aegean Islands which is purely unacceptable and apparently without coordination with the Greek authorities, and with the real purpose of establishing arbitrary facts on the sea, for search and rescue operations and have invited other countries to participate supposedly for joined training.(See attached articles).
2. You might wish to know that the violations of the Aegean Airspace(The Athens FIR) has been intensive since 1998. This has cost the Greek Nation huge amounts of money having to scramble its own fighters, to chase intruders who fly low over the Islands , and interfere with exercises and even buzz civilian flights. About 115 Greek Pilots have been lost in 31 years. Greece spends about 1,250,000 EUros per day. From 1998 to 2003 the Greeks have expended $1,3 Billion for the effort of chasing the intruders out.
3. I have spoken to his Eminence the Archbishop and he has intend to bring the issue directly to the President.
4. Last week as you might know, Alexi Gianoulias and Senator Durbin of Illinois traveled to Cyprus, then to Athens and also to Turkey, including a visit to the Patriarchate. I am sure that they were briefed on the issue.
5. Finally, as AHEPA Supreme President you might wish to take appropriate collective measures with other Organizations to the effect that this Air/Naval exercise is cancelled in the interest of piece in the Aegean. President Obama has his plate full with a lot of problems and does not need a new troublesome area.
6.THIS TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION IS WHAT I WISHED TO BRING TO YOUR ATTENTION. THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER AND HAS GENERATED A LOT OF INTEREST AND ANXIETY.
7. In case YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE FUTURE TO HAVE SUCH INFORMATION BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thank you and keep well.
All the best,
Michael C. Geokas,M.D.,M.Sc.,Ph.D.
(Em) Professor of Medicine and
Biochemistry, UC, Davis School of Medicine
Latest posts by Antiochos (see all)
- Ο Bουκεφάλας του Μεγάλου Αλεξάνδρου - February 14, 2012
- Επίθεση της κυβέρνησης Χριστόφια στον Αρχιεπίσκοπο Κύπρου - December 25, 2010
- Υπέρ της ονομασίας «Σλαβομακεδονία» ο Μπουτάρης - December 22, 2010
Want more of this? See these Posts: