One of the most ill-concieved Lies created by FYROM’s propaganda deals with the claim that “Greece officially prohibited the usage of the name “Macedonia” prior to 1988″. Despite the ovewhelming evidence   , the Slavs of FYROM insist on denying the obvious. A couple of years ago another terrible lie came into existence by FYROM’s propaganda. This time they allegedly claimed Greek government did not use in the geography school books the name “Macedonia” as a reference to the Province of Macedonia in Greece.
Let’s expose the claim by checking out what Greek students were learning in their Geography school books before 1988.
School-book entitled ‘Geography of Greece’, 1939
Map inside the same book. The name “Macedonia” is evident.
School book entitled “Gegraphy of Greece” in 1967
The name “Macedonia” is again easy to find inside.
Geography School book of 1977
Cover of a Greek Geography School Book of 1978.
What a Greek student can find inside!!!
Points of Interest:
From all the above evidence it is evident that:
1. The term “Macedonia” is used SOLELY for the greek province of Macedonia.
2. The ill-concieved Lie of FYROM’s propaganda which claims Greece prohibited the usage of the term “Macedonia” prior to 1988 is shattered, unfortunately for the sick minds who concieved it.
3. The claims that Greece used the term “Northern Territories” everywhere officially instead of ‘Macedonia‘ is again smashed, sadly for FYROM’s propaganda.
Latest posts by D-Mak (see all)
- Greek Ministry of Culture: Archaeological Excavations And Historical Facts about Philip II’s Tomb - July 22, 2015
- Former FYROM’s Interior Minister L. Frckovski : “Drop the Dilemma, We live in Dictatorship” - February 2, 2015
- Γιατί η Ολυμπιάδα δεν είναι η ένοικος του ταφικού μνημείου της Αμφίπολης - September 11, 2014
Want more of this? See these Posts: