Sofia. Bulgaria will support FYROM’s NATO and EU aspirations if the membership requirements and criteria are fulfilled, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said during the question-and-answer session in the parliament, cited by FOCUS News Agency.
Yane Yanev (Order, Law and Justice) asked the prime minister about Bulgaria’s support for FYROM’s NATO and EU membership.
Borisov highlighted Bulgaria was in favor of FYROM’s strictly sticking to the neighborhood policy. The prime minister said Bulgaria was expecting the FYROMian government’s will to:
- continue and deepen the reforms in all spheres, including justice and home affairs;
- stop hate speech against Bulgaria and Bulgarians coming from politicians, state institutions and remove it from textbooks and school curriculum and the media;
- give up all minority claims towards Bulgaria in compliance with the 1999 declaration;
- stop the anti-Bulgarian campaign in the international organizations and forums;
- solve disputes about the common history and culture through joint celebrations of common historical dates and anniversaries;
- sign a neighborhood policy agreement based on the 1999 declaration as soon as possible.
The principle support for FYROM’s membership in NATO and the EU is valid if there is a clear will on the part of its government to do what is necessary to meet the Bulgarian expectations for neighborhood policy of a European type, highlighted Borisov.
Latest posts by Amarantos (see all)
- Εις μνήμη Μανώλη Ανδρόνικου (VIDEO) - April 2, 2011
- Επείγον Δελτίο Τύπου από την Εταιρεία Μακεδονικών Σπουδών - March 29, 2011
- 6ος Διεθνής Μαραθώνιος Δρόμος “Μέγας Αλέξανδρος” - March 18, 2011
Want more of this? See these Posts: