They specifically stated: “MHRMI and AMHRC call on:
1. ´Macedonia´ to stop the negotiations immediately and tell the international community that it is not willing to compromise its name and identity.
2. The rest of the international community, and EU in particular, to join the 127 countries that have recognized ´Macedonia´, including 4/5 UN Security Council members, and to finally put an end to the irrational name dispute and immediately recognize ´Macedonia´ under its constitutional name.”
The two aforementioned organizations are notorious for promoting nationalistic propaganda and by doing so, undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia. They actively engage in the systematic dissemination of historical revisionist material regarding the history of the region of Macedonia in order to justify their territorially aggressive stance and their attempts to monopolize the name Macedonia. This is clearly evident through their call on the government of FYROM to cease the UN-brokered name negotiations with Greece. The Australian Macedonian Advisory Council (AMAC) deplores the call by these two organizations for the cease in the name negotiations between the FYROM and Greece. A compromise can only be reached through negotiations, and this is the vision that must be shared and supported by FYROM communities worldwide in order to join the European Union.
Australian Macedonian Advisory Council
Latest posts by History (see all)
- ΤΑ ΜΑΓΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΦΙΛΑΣ (ή περί της Μακεδονικής διαλέκτου) - October 22, 2012
- Γεράσιμος Ραφτόπουλος : Δεκανέας ετών 12 - October 18, 2012
- Ελληνική επιγραφή από την Λαοδίκεια - October 17, 2012
Want more of this? See these Posts: