In Macedonia you could find Greeks, Bulgarians, Vlachs, Turks, Albanians, Serbs…… No mention of a separate “Macedonian” group in 1910.
* During a large part of its history, Macedonia has been entirely Greek
* Greeks regarded the newer nationalities as upstarts that had NO rights over the land of Alexander the Great!
* Macedonia was redeemed to the Greeks in the Middle Ages after barbarian invasions
* Macedonia in the 19th century was a mixed melting pot of races. There was No “Macedonian” race/ethnicity.
Latest posts by D-Mak (see all)
- Greek Ministry of Culture: Archaeological Excavations And Historical Facts about Philip II’s Tomb - July 22, 2015
- Former FYROM’s Interior Minister L. Frckovski : “Drop the Dilemma, We live in Dictatorship” - February 2, 2015
- Γιατί η Ολυμπιάδα δεν είναι η ένοικος του ταφικού μνημείου της Αμφίπολης - September 11, 2014
Want more of this? See these Posts: