Macedonia News : Ridiculous FYROMian Myth Stating That “the Name Macedonia was Forbidden in Greece Before 1988″ Dispelled
Macedonia News : One of the most persistent ridiculous Pseudomacedonian illusions held about history is the claim that the name ‘Macedonia’ was forbidden in Greece prior to 1988.
There are many examples from state institutions or private corporations that use the term “Macedonia (Gr: Μακεδονία” in Greece. A couple of examples below:
Newspaper “Makedonia” – paper of 4th April of 1878
Faros Of Macedonia – paper of 29th November 1887.
The following video provides facsimiles of Greek publications carrying the Macedonian name which were issued prior to that date.
From the Youtube channel of Srbolog
Check out also the following related articles:
- FYROM propaganda ‘The use of the term Macedonia was forbidden in Greece until 1988′ NEW
- FYROM propaganda “The use of the term Macedonia was forbidden in Greee until 1988′ Part II NEW
Latest posts by D-Mak (see all)
- Greek Ministry of Culture: Archaeological Excavations And Historical Facts about Philip II’s Tomb - July 22, 2015
- Former FYROM’s Interior Minister L. Frckovski : “Drop the Dilemma, We live in Dictatorship” - February 2, 2015
- Γιατί η Ολυμπιάδα δεν είναι η ένοικος του ταφικού μνημείου της Αμφίπολης - September 11, 2014
Want more of this? See these Posts: