Bellow, an integral brief Russian television documentary is included, which, among classical, chronologically ordered editorial concept, offers statements on Greek character of Ancient Macedonia and Alexander himself.
1. [0:56 -1: 02] Macedonia, placed on the northern part of the Greek world, aspired to straighten its links with the Hellenic culture.
2.[4:59 – 5:10] Alexander was building temples in honor of Greek culture and his ancestor, Heracles, was celebrated.
3. [5:20 – 5:27] When Alexander tried to renew Persian ceremony, Greeks refused to kneel in front of their leader.
4.[6:21 – 6:27] …But Greek culture [regardless of partition of late Alexander’s empire] was spread in Mesopotamia, Iran, Syria, Judea, Egypt.
5. [6:31 – 6:37] Alexander, called the Great, brought the civilizations of Greece and Middle East closer and established the era of Hellenism.
Latest posts by alexander (see all)
- Προκαλούν τα Σκόπια φτιάχνοντας μνημείο με τον Ηλιο της Βεργίνας - September 5, 2013
- Ο Γκεοργκιέφσκι κατηγορεί την Σκοπιανή κυβέρνηση για ΦιλοΒουλγαρισμό - May 10, 2013
- Άγνωστα στοιχεία για τα πολεμικά γεγονότα του 1912 στην Ελασσόνα - November 7, 2012
Want more of this? See these Posts: