About History-of-Macedonia Blog | Contact Us

 

Welcome to History-of-Macedonia Blog!

The aim of this research blog is to provide its readers with an informative and rigorous examination of the history of Macedonia through ages, exposing the propaganda coming mainly from the newly emerged state of FYROM and a detailed account of latest happenings in modern politics related to the region. 

The staff of History-of-macedonia.com work constantly to cover issues starting from ancient period, continuing in medieval period while ending in modern times. We hope this blog will serve as a clearinghouse for all the malicious increasing propaganda which unfortunately plague this long-suffering region. Feel free to contact us and provide your comments at this email:

historyblog.macedonia[at]gmail.com

The views expressed at History-of-Macedonia.com represent only the views of the respective authors, written usually on the bottom of each article.  History-of-macedonia.com and the administrators/editors of this Blog are not responsible for opinions, views, comments and information or any type of other statements expressed by other users and contributors of the Blog. History-of-macedonia.com and the administrators/editors of this Blog are not responsible for the content of posts, press-releases, letters, etc, under the category “e-mails from readers”. The author(s) are fully responsible for their content. The blog may include links to other websites/blogs/youtube channels being called from now on, third parties. The Blog has no control over these third parties, has not examined the entire content of them and cannot be held responsible for the content of these third parties. We have the right to edit, remove or simply deny access to comments that is determined to be, in our sole discretion, unacceptable. Comments written in languages other than Greek and English will not be published. Also comments without valid e-mails will not be published. Please respect the rights of others to have their own opinions and to be respected.  We welcome all viewpoints, but we do not welcome personal attacks and trolling in the comment section of any form. The administrators of the Blog retain the right to ban any user from posting at the Blog for behaviour deemed inappropriate. 

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message

Comments
SureDo says:

"His Mother was Albanian"

The Illyrians, possible linguistic ancestors of the Albanians (who are mentioned for the first time in the 11th century AD in modern central Albania), lived north of Epirus, north of the Acroceraunian promontory in other words.. Olympias was a Molossian, i.e. the Epirotan people that were invited to pan-Hellenic events as early as Herodotus (Book VI, 127).

Ellinas says:

@ Believe the Truth!

The Bible? Really? Are you serious with this? You are quoting the Epistles of St. Paul. (Epistle = epistoli (Greek) = message)
Yes the epistle states that a man appeared and said come to Macedonia, but have you read the rest?

The Pauline Epistles were written in the first century AD when all of the Greek peninsula was under Roman rule. Rome had divided what is the Greek mainland now into 2 provinces: Macedonia (the north) and Achaia (the south). While there was no official Greece, there was the Greek people.

Read the Epistle of St. Paul -- all of it and then come and pretend to know what you are talking about.

You will see that it says how St. Paul visited Macedonia and Achaia, and how he met only Greeks in Veroia, Macedonia. The Bible does not say what you quote.

Read…and read the original epistles…not what OTHERS like Skopje University has written about them…read before posting nonsense.

Nikos A. says:

His mother was Epirotan and his father Macedonian, thus he was from both his parents a Greek.

Where do Albanians and Slavs even fit in the picture??? Oh yeah NOWHERE unless if you are a dumb Albanian/Slav from FYROM.

So, are you so incredibly stupid to actually believe that Alexander spread Greek language but he… couldnt spoke it.

Do you know anyone to spread everywhere a Language that he doesnt even speak?

Congratulations!! you just earned the “2010 Moron Award”!!! Keep it up making everybody laughing with your natural-gifted Mental Retardation.

Believe the Truth!! says:

His Mother was Albanian,his father Macedonian so where does Greek come into the picture oh yeah thats right they took it over and spread the culture and language but Alexander could not communicate with his Greek army he amassed for the campaign against the Persians so that means they spoke a different language…….Macedonian.Also in the Bible the Apostle Paul has a vision of a man of Macedonia standing,beseeching him,and saying Come over into Macedonia and help us. Acts 16:9 …..anyone ever read National Geographic Magazine ?They have dozens of issues that cover Greece and a few that cover Macedonia and other issues that just have small articles about them both but they never ever call Philip II Greek or Alexander the Great Greek they always have it printed they were kings of Macedonia;but they do mention that his mother was Illyrian=Albanian Plus look at Maps for the 4th century B.C.E. The maps all say Macedonia so look at maps that are historically accurate because if you only look at the ones printed in Greece you probably will only see what the publishers want to believe and what you want to believe not that truth!!

Παρακαλώ, δέστε την ιστοσελίδα του Συμβουλιου της Ευρωπης http://www.coe.int/t/cm/home_en.asp
που επιτρέπει την ιδιοποίηση του ονόματος Μακεδονία από τους σκοπιανούς! Κάτε κάτι!

DIMITRIS says:

η μακεδονια ειναι και θα παραμεινει ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ και πρεπει να σταματησουν καποιοι να φτιαχνουν την δικια τους ΨΕΥΤΙΚΗ ιστορια και να προσπαθουν να την διαδοσουν κιολας. Η ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ. MAKEDONIA BELONGS TO GREECE

Dimokritos says:

Adolfo the great wrote:
> There you go again arguing with links (by the way do you even read the things you are linking?). I will try to explain it to you as simple as I can. I dont question the influence of Ancient Greece had on western civilization. I question that Alexander had anything to do with "civilization" in general and I also question that he and the Macedonias did spread these ideals. The article you have linked is irrelevant to this matter and therefore I dont bother commenting on that.

This is of course, only your reductionist point of view which is in sharp contrast to the vast majority of historical scientist, isn’t it, great Adolf?

You’re not questioning the influence of the Ancient Greeks on western civilisation but you neglect the influence of the Makedonians and Alexander in particular?

Oh, and let me guess, before the Makedons there was no slaughtering recorded, wasn’t there?

> P.S. I am aware that someone who believes that he is superior by heritage and race (I am reffering to you)

You’re “aware”?
You’re great at assuming things, aren’t you, Adolfo?

> has a hard time admitting that there are people out there who dont share this believe.

You’re allowed to believe what ever you want, Adolf.
Don’t take it for granted however, that people take “Bulgarmak’s” BS under serious consideration !

> For example when somebody says (here I am refferring to myself)something disgraceful regarding Greek History the only assumption someone like you can make is that he is not Greek.

You’ve already shown how good your assumptions are, haven't you, great Adolfo?

> The possibility that I am just disgusted by the way Greeks, Bulgarians, Slavs, Albainias and all the other Nations of the world see History only as a way to make propaganda doesnt even occur to you.

Really?
You’re seriously disgusted by comparing facts based on historical sciences with “Bulgarmak’s” cheap propaganda crap?

> P.S. Ohhhh… who am I kidding nobody can outsmart you. You got me. To paradexome eimai Bulgaros kai malista fanatikos. mesa stin thyra 4 leme kai ta miala sta kaggela. PAOKARA OLE.

Yes, sure.
Nobody would expect anything more than this from you, great Adolfo !

Continue to fool around …!

adolf the great says:

There you go again arguing with links (by the way do you even read the things you are linking?). I will try to explain it to you as simple as I can. I dont question the influence of Ancient Greece had on western civilization. I question that Alexander had anything to do with "civilization" in general and I also question that he and the Macedonias did spread these ideals. The article you have linked is irrelevant to this matter and therefore I dont bother commenting on that.
P.S. I am aware that someone who believes that he is superior by heritage and race (I am reffering to you) has a hard time admitting that there are people out there who dont share this believe. For example when somebody says (here I am refferring to myself)something disgraceful regarding Greek History the only assumption someone like you can make is that he is not Greek. The possibility that I am just disgusted by the way Greeks, Bulgarians, Slavs, Albainias and all the other Nations of the world see History only as a way to make propaganda doesnt even occur to you.
P.S. Ohhhh… who am I kidding nobody can outsmart you. You got me. To paradexome eimai Bulgaros kai malista fanatikos. mesa stin thyra 4 leme kai ta miala sta kaggela. PAOKARA OLE.

Dimokritos says:

Well, Adolfo, you know ”Tileasty” but you seemingly haven't known “Bulgarmak’s” demagoguery you’re so viciously propagating?

Who do you think you’re fooling, great Adolf?

Besides 19th century writer K. Paparigoropoulos, do not forget what contemporary scholars think about the hellenistic influence radiating on to western civilisation due to your maliciously so called “megalomaniac massmurderer”.
http://macedonia-evidence.org/victor-friedman.htm

And something more great Adolf …
There is no need to insult people -- they do a great job themselves, aren’t they?

dodoni says:

@ adolf the great

Only a brief comment on your
"throwing your newborn child to death if it was not fit to become a warrior like the Spartians did? At least the Persian did it to their dead and not to their children."
Spartans DID NOT THROUGH THEIR NEW BORN IN KAIADA. Read the new academic announcements on this matter. Archeologists went down in Kaiada and the ONLY skeleton of a childthey found was not of a new born but of an older one which probably fell by accident. The skeletons belong to adults and archeologists believes that Kaiadas was the place where ancients executed those who were sentenced in death penalty.

Thank you very much

adolf the great says:

I am aware of the new academic anouncments you are reffering to and they indeed say that the "kaiadas" was used to execute those who were sentenced to death. However the same anouncement said that the spartans probably left the children that where not fit to become warriors alone out in the wilderness so "mother nature" can do with that kids what "she" thought best!!!! That sounds like a sure death to me. If you think that its better to leave your child dying in the wilderness than throwing it from a cliff…well then I think I dont have any argument for that.

dodoni says:

Just for the record some great Spartans who invalidate the theory of "mother nature" such as Turtaios (blind by birth), king Agisilaos (limper by birth) and many others.

Thank you very much.

adolf the great says:

As far as I can remeber most ancient historians consider Turtaios as Athenian by heritage and not Spartan, but I could be wrong on that.
As for Agisilaos you are right. I guess he is the exception to the rule.

adolf the great says:

Now, regarding to your link, If you read my previous posts you would know that I basicly agree with most of it. To give you an example I never doubted that Alexander was Greek, I just said that this is nothing to be proud of as he was a megalomaniac. massmurderer. If you have an argument against this dont be shy and share it with me otherwise stop insulting people.
P.S. please try reading a book instead of watching the "Tileasty" channel.

adolf the great says:

Dear Dimokrtitos,
First of all I didnt know what "Bulgarmak" is (well I know now thanks to you). Second of all if you had read my all of my posts you knew that I am Greek from Thrace (the Greek part of it). It does not suprise me that you didnt read my posts, as I know some people ( I guess you are one of them) are getting tyred to read more than 3-4 sentences at once. However as it seems this are the people that cant stand for their opinion and their only arguments are quotes of some ancient philosopher or historian (nowdays they also use links). As to where I read the things I write I will suggest a couple of books you should try to read. Try to read Herodotus, Plutarch and if these are to complex for you try reading "the history of the Greek Nation" writen by Konstantinos Paparigopoulos. You will be suprised how many things you dont learn in school is written in there. As I am sure you never read these stuff I suppose you better call yourself Ignorant and poorly educated.

Dimokritos says:

@ adolf, the great cliche lover …

You're trying to seduce the ignorant and poorly educated with your Propaganda-Gibberish from sites like "bulgarmak" …,
aren't you, great adolf?

For a change, have a read here:
http://history-of-macedonia.com/wordpress/2009/05

Go on making a fool out of yourself and amuse the public …!

adolf the great says:

When I wrote "Hellenistic" era or civilization I meant the Classical Greece period, from 500 to the death of Alexander and not the so called "Hellenistic period" that started after the death of Alexander. I used the term "hellenistic" instead of the term "hellenic" by mistake. As it seems I mistranlated myself from Greek to English. Sry for that.

Regarding the comparsion I made, what can I say? I love cliches.

Dimokritos says:

@ adolf the great TROLL …

Like a good Troll, you're trying to seduce the ignorant and poorly educated with your Propaganda-Gibberish from sites like "bulgarmak" …

For a change, have a read here:
http://history-of-macedonia.com/wordpress/2009/05

Go on making a fool out of yourself and amuse the public …!

NapoleonIItheEaglet says:

Comparing Hitler to Alexander III is as cliched as you can get. :-((

Most of the bullcrap you write doesn't even need to be addressed here as competent historians have addressed it in the last 150 years. Damned we'd be if we sat down and listened to "adolf the great" about the Hellenistic period. Plus, "democracy was a Hellenistic achievement"? Oh cmon guy!

adolfo says:

Dear dimitrios,

As I see from your post you like to read history but you certainly do not learn from it.
1. The last time a Pesian army set foot on Greek soil was at 480BC (the battles of Thermopyle, Salamina and Plataies), since then the Persian were too scared to fight the Greeks and they never again launched an aggresive move against Greece. This means that they abandon any plans regarding conquering greece 200 years before Alexanders conquest. So I dont think that Alexanders attack had any defensive purpose.
2. Great advice, however thinking is not on "your" daily schedule. Am I right? Dude if you dont have something serious to say dont say it at all.
3. I said it often enough Alexander did not give civilization to anybody. The historical fact is that there are no hellenistic ideals surviving at any of the places he conquered. As for Alexandria in Egypt (the only remaining Alexandria of the dozens Alexander had bulid) Alexander did never see the city finishid he just organized building it and then left and if it wasnt for Ptolemy this Alexandria would not exist either. On the other hand if you think that worshiping the King as a god (as the Kings of Egypt were worshiped

adolfo the great says:

However I have to agree that these were funeral customs of the Persians but do you believe they were more barbaric than throwing your newborn child to death if it was not fit to become a warrior like the Spartians did? At least the Persian did it to their dead and not to their children.

Alexander is not a rolemodel. I disagree that launching an attack against the Persians has anything to do with defending his country, but even so why didnt he stop when he terminated the persian threat and continiued to India? Or did the indians too plan to Invade the balkans?
Regarding the spread of civilization I have already made my point so I dont bother to do it again.
Regarding the Alexander being a legend I fully agree. But so was Attila the Hun and Napoleon the Great (another great guy) and so would be Adolf Hitler if he didnt lose the war.

adolf the great says:

Please do not citate ancient Historians if you want to say that the Persians were barbarians just say it. It doesnt sound more truthfull when you link your opinion with the one of an ancient Historian. If I wanted to repell what you are saying I just have to citate the same Historian Herodotus who wrote that in the Akropolis lived a giant snake with a human head, he also wrote that at the battle of marathon mythical heroes came out of their graves and fought along the greeks and he also said ( ohhh, you wont like what is coming) that the Macedons were "Filellines" which means friend of the Greek and we therefore can asume that they didnt were Greek but just friendly alligned (I already wrote in my previous posts that I beleive that the Macedonias where unfortunatly Greek and I just wrote this part to show you that it is wrong to consider famous quotes as arguments). So keep the quotes to yourself as every single one you find to emphasize your opinion I can find other three to do the oposite.

dodoni says:

The word philhellene was also meaning "philhopatris, a patriot". In "Republic" Plato says that the citizens are to be both Greeks and philhellenes. Agesilaus of Sparta was called philhellene by Xenophon (Agesilaus 7.4). Jason of Pherrai and Euagoras of Cyprus were called philhellenes by Isocrates (107A, 199A). So, Alexander I was named philhellene by Pindaros.

Thank you very much.

adolfos o megas says:

8. What where the political ideas of Aristotele? First of all I am not afraid to disagree with an ancient Philosopher. That is because I use my to think and not like you just to wear hats. This does not mean that I dont respect Aristotele, as I have respect for every thinking man and his opinion. But that doesnt mean that I cant disagree with him. From his actions it is clear that Aristotele did not believe in democracy and all what comes with it. And that he believed in monarchy as he was the teacher of Alexander. In generaly and very simplified he believed that people are not inteligent enough to choose what is best for themselves (the same thing a sheperd believes about his cows). If you want to be a cow be my guest. But tell me are you typing on your keyboard with with your 2 front feet or your 2 backfeet?

adolf the great says:

How long did it last? Well if you are counting from Solons reform in 500bc wich was the foundation of Cleistenes Democracy and if you also add the Thebians goverment after the peloponisian wars that was the succesor of the Athenian democracy it lasted untill 338bc, when Fillip and than a few years later his son Alexander destroyed the city (twice), which was one of the most ancient cities in Greece. If I count right its about 160years. Tell me my friend, did Alexanders "Great Empire" last that long? Not even close. It didnt even last 160 hours after the death of Alexander. In addition the Cleisthenian Democracy in a way survived till our days as our whole modern civilization as well as the Renaissance (you know that strange thing that got us out of the Mediaval dark ages) was inspired by the Athenian Democracy.

adolf the great says:

7. You want to know about the Cleisthenian Democracy? I tell you about it (I love this part). It suprisingly did work as it should for a long time. Whithout Solon's and Cleisthene's reforms the Athenian would never be able to win the battle of Marathon or the Battle of Salamis as due to the fact the Athenias fought for what they beleived in (freedom and isonomy). They showed great morale and heroism as they conected the wellfare of their Motherstate with their own wellfare and prosperity for which they were prepared to die for. The persian warriors where mostly forced to go to battle and where executed if they wouldnt. This is what won the Greek-Pesian wars.

dimitrios says:

@A the G and @iordanis who agrees:

1.Alexander was not attacking, Persians were…. Correct me if I am wrong, but the facts prove that Persians wanted to conquer Balkans 200 years before Alexander was born.
2.Was your hands, then wash your keyboard, then put your head in cold water, slap your face a couple of times and then start thinking.
3.You compare Hitler with Alexander the Great? Alexander gave civilization…. Is a historical fact… (check about Alexandria city at least).
4.Alexander the Great was fighting on the first line despite that he was the king (Hitler and many other leaders did not).
5. History and History books? which ones?
6.Romans were not related with Greeks? Who are the Patricians? (tip: check Iliad) What is Magna Grecia? I do not claim that they were 100% Greeks but indeed a relationship exists.
7.Did the Cleisthenian Democracy worked as it should? For how long it lasted? What happened?(you should know since ‘you like to learn history…’ ).
8.What were the political ideas of Aristotle? (tip: there is a relevant book of his own).

@iordanis:
You should take your kids away from that school. Maybe take em at schools were pictures of Pamela Anderson are on the walls.

Alexander the Great is a Role Model for all people. He protected his country by all means and he gave civilization to the barbarians, he became a legend.

According Herodotus: (http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/herodotus-persians.html)
“There is another custom which is spoken of with reserve, and not openly, concerning their dead. It is said that the body of a male Persian is never buried, until it has been torn either by a dog or a bird of prey”

So you both have a better image regarding the era he lived.

————————————————————————--
NA TIN VOUTATE STO MYALO PRIN MILATE… {asxetoi}

PS: milaw eironika kai epithetika gt o typos exwntas nick “adolf the great” einai prosvlitikos toulaxiston…

Adolfos o Megas says:

As I see from your post you like to read history but you certainly do not learn from it.
1. The last time a Pesian army set foot on Greek soil was at 480BC (the battles of Thermopyle, Salamina and Plataies), since then the Persian were too scared to fight the Greeks and they never again launched an aggresive move against Greece. This means that they abandon any plans regarding conquering greece 200 years before Alexanders conquest. So I dont think that Alexanders attack had any defensive purpose.
2. Great advice, however thinking is not on "your" daily schedule. Am I right? Dude if you dont have something serious to say dont say it at all.

adolf the great says:

3. I said it often enough Alexander did not give civilization to anybody. The historical fact is that there are no hellenistic ideals surviving at any of the places he conquered. As for Alexandria in Egypt (the only remaining Alexandria of the dozens Alexander had bulid) Alexander did never see the city finishid he just organized building it and then left and if it wasnt for Ptolemy this Alexandria would not exist either. On the other hand if you think that worshiping the King as a god (as the Kings of Egypt were worshiped including Alexander and Ptolemy) has anything to do with Greek civilization than I dont know what to say (you are reading propably some kind of other History that I dont know about. Maybe it has also Elves and Orcs in it and was writen by Tolkien).
I did make myself clear regarding the comparsion of Hitler and Alexander in my previous post. I dont like to write things more than once just because you are bored reading previous posts. If you read them and disgree in any particular point then tell me and I will gladly answer on that.

adolf the great says:

4.I do agree with that. Allthough all Leaders of the Ancient world did lead their Armys from the frontline. Perikles did, Cleisthenes did, Acybiades did. hey guess what even the Persian Kings did eventualy (for example Cyrus the Great, founder of the Persian Empire died in the first line of Battle)
5. What should I say about that? I guess I mean all History books even the ones you read. You know the ones writen by some Nationalist Faschists that insist on seeing everything from their own perverse perspective.

adolf the great says:

6. When you go insulting people then at least read correctly what they wrote. I never said that the Romans are not related to the Greeks I said that they were not Greek. Both of them have a comon root but that doesnt mean that Romans are Greek and that Greeks are Romans. As for the Patriacians I know who they were, but as it is irelevant to the subject matter I suppose you dont, so please google it to enlighten yourself.
What is Magna Grecia or in English Great Greece? It is the name of the Greek colonies in south Italy and Sicilly. The Romans allthough were not such colony and the term was also used a bit (a very small bit) ironicaly as at that time these colonies were much more advanced than their motherstates in Greece which were not considered that powerfull (we are talking about the centuries before the golden age o Pericles).
Of course a relation exists and whithout the Romans I doubt it if anything about Ancient Greece would survive untill our days.
In reality the Romans did spread Greek civilization and not Alexander.

dodoni says:

It was during the successors of Alexander III when the Greek civilization was spread in Mediterranean coasts (as far as Gibraltar), Asia (as far as Indοs river) and Egypt. The period until the Roman occupation was named Hellenistic Age because of this domination of the Greek language and culture. Romans, who were already influenced due to Greek colonization since the 8th c BC, adopted the Greek culture and after combination appeared the GraekoRoman culture.
And if you want to thank someone because "anything about Ancient Greece would survive until our days" you should thank the Byzantines who left because of the Ottomans' attacks and migrate especially in Italy and re-spread the Hellenic ideas and the Arabs who preserved ancient Greek texts, studied and translated them. Romans couldn't do much to preserve the Hellenic ideas as the West Roman empire was under the attacks of the Germanic tribes since the 3rd c AC and finally even Rome was ruined and the land depopulated. Remember "Pax Romana". Or the term was also used a bit (a very small bit) ironical as at that time Byzantium was much more advanced than Rome?
If you want to read some interesting books I recommend
B.Legras "Education et culture dans le monde grec", 2002, chapters 8,9,10
H.Glykatzi-Arveler "L' ideologie politique de l' empire Byzantin", Paris, 1975

Thank you very much

iordanis says:

I read with big pleasure your text, Adolf the Great. I am in no term familiar with blogs and my english is also not my strong characteristic, to take easily part to a dialog when deep meanings are demanded. But I want to confess that I am glad to hear real things. I have exactly the same opinion about Alexander. I felt the irony when I saw a picture of Alexander on a wall at my children’s school. I was thinking if this who put this picture in a school thought how many children became orphans or were slaughtered because of jis action. Unfortunately, the rediculous story with the struggle of some Slavs to find an identity, is an obstacle if somebody wants to say in public this opinion for a national symbol like Alexander for Greeks.

Adolf the Great says:

@ Ria

I glad you agree about Greek and Slavs getting along (of course I would like to expand this also for the Turks, the Bulgarians, the Albanians and all of our neighbors).

The main reason I compared Hitler with Alexander is not because I believe they were so much alike but to point out that the results of their actions caused the death of so much people.

However I dont neceserly agree with you saying you cannot compare men of different eras. Killing people was considered wrong 2500 years ago as it is considered nowdays.

Sure both man had differnt aproaches. Alexander knew that he could not get very far with respecting the local deities and cultures, and he therefore took a persian wife and almost always included the local aristocracy in his goverment (just thank god that Hitler wasnt that smart).
But Alexander did systematicly kill people!!! I dont think selling people as slaves isnt much different from putting them in concentration camps. Do not forget that during his conquests he burned down Thebes and Persepolis leaving nothing but ashes and corpses. And he only did this to sent a message to all the Greeks and Persians that they should not mess with him.

It is true that we dont know for sure if he was responsible for the murder of his father (allthough I am pretty sure that he played his part in this). But what we know for sure is that his mother killed his baby stepbrother to keep his throne safe. We also know for sure that he ordered the assasination of Parmenion, his oldest General, mentor and friend. we also know that he ordered the execution of several of the veteren soldiers who followed all the way from Pella when he suspected a plot against himself (amongst the was also Parmenions son and Alexanders friend Philotas)

Furthemore I insist that he did not spread Hellenistic Ideals not even as a by-product. Taking into consideration that democracy was the most important Hellenistic achievement and the fact that he destroyed the Thebians, which were the succesors of of the Athenian Democracy and transformed all of Greece into a monarchy, I would say that he most probably was the worst enemy of the Hellenic culture.

As you might know History is mostly written by the winners. Threfore it is only logical that Hitler is described as bloodthirsty Monster (which he surely was) and Alexander as the “Liberator” and “Lightbringer” or anything glamourous sounding but untrue like that (and if you are Greek, as I suspect you are, you surely have read expresions like this in Greek “History” books). And of course this was all the propaganda of the diadochi (succesors).
As far as I know there are no written texts, besides the one written by Greeks and Romans referring to the conquests and the life of Alexander. These text can therefore not considered objectiv. Of course I am not an Historian, I am just someone who likes to read History and therefore if you know any sources from the people he conquered reffering to him please share them with me. (I am considering any sources from Egypt as Greek due to the fact that Ptolemy and his bloodline ruled Egypt for the centuries to come).

You are saying that you consider it a bit laughable and ignorant to compare 2 people living in different eras. Therefore I would like to compare him with a man who lived in the same historical period Alexander (not exactly the same but 2 centuries earlier, but I think is close enough). A man who worthy remebering as his thoughts and Ideas had such an impact to the millenia to come that they still are a main part of our every day life. I am talking about Cleisthenes. He was the man who “inveted” Democracy in 500bc. Compare him who with Alexander and tell me who of both man is truly worth remebering?

What I consider laughable, ignorant and very very dangerous is that if you ask modern Greeks (and not only Greeks)they all know who Alexander was but if you ask the about Cleisthenes I doubt it if from 11 million Greeks a few thousand know about him.

Finaly I would like to point out again that people should read History to learn from the mistakes their forefathers did. They should not read History to be proud of their race or of their DNA. People should only be proud of what they achieved for themselfs and not what same Megalomaniac mastermind did centuries ago. And this was the reason I wrote what I wrote in the first place.

I am wishing you all a happy, peaceful and prosperous new year.

Blink says:

What do you want us to tell you? The vast majority of people identifying as Greeks left Yugoslavia in the past, FYROM’s statistics show the Greek minority in the hundreds and even if that number is low (possible), their numbers don’t surpass the very low thousands.

If there were 200k people in a country of 2mil, there would be no way to make them disappear. So, Kryptia_E is wrong, much like people who dream of masses of “Aegean Macedonians” are.

Mojsoski says:

Please can someone tell me about the greeks in Republic of Macedonia. Kryptia_E mentions them……….”In vardarska exist a big Greek minority of more than 200000 people who being denied the right of calling themselves Greeks and use their mothertongue”.

Ria says:

@ Adolf the Great

I agree with you said that Greeks and Slavs should get along.

But, I don’t agree with your comparing Adolf Hitler and Alexander the Great. The only thing these men had in common was their charisma, a certain ability to draw people around them and make them follow. They were both leaders.

Seriously, though. Alexander the Great WAS NO HITLER and NO STALIN either. He was a man of his era, where war was on the daily agenda. He did not exterminate people in concentration camps systematically and he did not spread any hate speech against any group of people as Hitler did. From what I have read he did kill people in battles, which is expected, he sold people into slavery, and he also killed Cleitus. About his involvement in the assasination of his father there is no consensus among historians. Some say he was responsible and others that he was not. It depends on how you want to view him, really. And this is a piece of information we will never find out, we can only make assumptions.

I also wonder whether Hitler would ever marry a Jewish woman as Alexander took Persian wives…Whether he would respect the local deities of the conquered lands…Whether he would incorporate Jewish people in the army knowingly as Alexander did with Persians?

The thing I am trying to say, is that I find it a bit laughable and ignorant, to compare people who lived in different periods of History. And I am not trying to say that Alexander was a saint. They were not the same because they lived in different eras. Also, consider this: Even if Alexander’s plan was not the spreading of Hellenic culture, but conquest- and I agree with you, it was mostly a by-product of his campaigns- just take some time to think how these 2 people are remembered today. Hitler evokes fear to the point of being the personification of the devil himself, whereas Alexander doesn’t. He is remembered by many people in the lands he conquered mostly with respect and love. I wonder why that is. I don’t think it was Alexander’s or the Succesors’ propaganda. Do you?

Adolf the Great says:

I am Greek, raised in Germany and now living in Greece. My parents were from Thrace and their parents were imigrants from Minor Asia (Turkey). All this of course is irrelevant I am just mentioning.

I have read some very intresting posts here which to my surprise where mostly historicaly acurate (except maybe the part where the dorians kicked out the pelasgians from the attica area. Dorians never inhabited the Attica area. If they had there probably wouldnt be war between Athens and Sparta, as the Spartans where Dorians.)

But, I am asking myself why is it so important for Slavs and Greeks to claim that they are decendans of Alexander and Fillip? Is it because the Slavomacedonians want a part of modern Greece or vice verse the Greeks want a part of Todays Fyrom? Thats bullshit !!!!! Borders dont change based on things that were 2500 years ago. There is no population on neither side of the borders to justify that kind of expansion.

As for if Alexander was Greek the answer is simple: he UNFORTUNATLY was!!!

I cant understand why people want to be decendans of one of the greatest butchers in human history. A madman who thought he was the son of Zeus (and therefore a god himself), a man who is responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands, for the murder of his father and the execution of many of his friends and commerades. And as for the spread of hellenism that is bullshit as well. There is no Asian Nation that adopted any Hellenic Ideal after the passing of Alexander. It was never his intention to spread helenistic ideals, it was just an excuse. If anyone did some hellenic-ideal-spreading that were the Romans, who of course were not Greek. So if you people (Greek and Slavs) want to be decendans of a massmurderer just claim that you are decendans of Adolf Hitler. I am sure most Germans would gladly give up that kind of privileg.

I am sure that neither Greeks nor Slavs will like the things I wrote, but that is what the Historybooks say and History is not here so we can like it or dislike it, but so can we learn from the mistakes of the past. People who argue and get passionate about things like this did obviusly not learn a thing and probably should take the class again (there is always hope:)).

We are all people and we are all neighbors and should learn to get along. In the long run this the only way for us to gain prosperity

koce says:

Olimpia has spoken the pelazgian language, his son also spoke the pellazgian language=Albanian language. If you have read the ENIGMA of Robert D’Angely you can have the REAL panorama of Alexander the Great. He is not Macedonian, neither Greek. He is illyrian=albanian.

kryptia_E says:

The people of vardarska are of mixed origin. both slavs and tatars (as all bulgarians are). their country named dardania in ancient times , ryled by the thracian tribe of dardanians(sons of Dardanos). the south part named paionia ruled by paiones who were phrygians(people of fryctories=people of fire). Both dardanian thracians and paionian Pfrygians (also Thracians) were ancient Greek tribes from the Pelasgian Branch of Protohellenes!
Makednoi (macedonians) were a small tribe of the dorian branch of the Hellenic (ΕΛ-ΛΑΣ=Land of light, meaning Divine land, land of gods) nation, also known as Graeci (Γρεκοι=ancients, indigenous).

Until early 1996 f.y.ro.”m” goverment used the term “slavomacedonians” , meaning slavs of the geografical area of medieval macedonia (because OLNY in medieval times this lands considered to be macedonian lands). Only after 1996 the vardarskans change their propaganda efforts and started to claim the term “macedonians” for themselves . a term that only a part of their population accepted until now (the rest still call themselves “slavomacedonians”).

In vardarska exist a big Greek minority of more than 200000 people who being denied the right of calling themselves Greeks and use their mothertongue.

since 1944 the croatian-jew BROZ TITO brainwash the bulgarian slavs of vardarska and force them to identify themselves as “slavomacedonians. at 1996 f.y.r.o.”m” goverment brainwashed again the population to start use the name “macedonians” and to believe that they are decentans of Alexander the Great and the rest of Macedonians , which were well known Greeks, they spoke Greek and they use to worship Greek Gods.

In antiquity and until now, all ancient nations and their modern descendants (persians, egyptians, jews, indians, pakistani,romans e.t.c) recognize macedonians as Greeks. for example the persians use to call macedonians as “Greeks with round huts”.

it is truth that demosthenes use to call macedonians as barbarians (only because they didnt believe in democrasy), but it is also truth that he also use to call barbarians the spartans too and the aetolians!(for the same reason). The athenian political opposition of demosthenes (isokratis) named macedonians as Hellenes and wrote 2 letters to king Phillip asking him to UNITE ALL HELLENES and helpe them take revenge against persians!

people of f.y.r.o.m realise at last that you are of slavic origin and that you are occupiars in hemos region (balkans). stop stilling Greek history. stop denying your bulgarian origin while at the same time you steal the nationality of bulgarian heroes , as tzar samuel(!!!!). you may have the blesings of the united states at the present but you will not have them forever. And when the time comes, good people always remember who was the criminal or the traitor…

vehbi says:

i am looking for my roots in taslica. that is where my grand grand parents are from. where exactly is taslica located? is that more than one taslica in former yugoslavia? thanks.

Petronas Kamateros says:

Kαλές οι πρόσπαθειες αφύπνισης μέσω του Διαδικτύου, όμως οι κυβερνήτες μας πως θα ξυπνήσουν?
Με την ψηφοφθόρο μακαριότητα των Ελληναράδων, που επίσης κοιμούνται στην παραμυθιασμένη τους καρακοσμάρα??

http://drgvichia.blogspot.com/

Mark my words:
Σε ολόκληρη την Οικουμένη, η Σλαβομακεδονία αποκαλείται πλέον Μακεδονία. “Ο κόσμος το ‘χει τούμπανο, κι εμείς κρυφό καμάρι”, το ό,τι έχουμε ηττηθεί στο Μακεδονικό Ζήτημα!
Η ηλίθια πατέντα “ΠΓΔΜ ή FYROM”, δεν βρήκε ανταπόκριση σε κανέναν εκτός Ελλάδος, εκτός ίσως από τον τραγουδιστή Prince, ο οποίος κάποια στιγμή μάλλον την είχε θεωρήσει ευρηματική, αφού την είχε αντιγράψει: “Έχω βαρεθεί το όνομά μου. Οπότε να με λέτε “the artist formerly known as Prince”, μέχρι να βρω νέο όνομα”. Φυσικά τότε είχαν γελάσει και οι πέτρες με την πάρτη του. Δυστυχώς τώρα πια το αστείο είναι αποκλειστικά εις βάρος του Ελληνισμού. I’m afraid that the joke is on us…

ΒΗΣΣΑΡΙΩΝ ΜΠΑΚΟΛ&Alpha says:

Στο βιβλιοπωλείο Foyles του Λονδίνου αγόρασα το βιβλίο ALEXANDER THE GREAT του Richard Stoneman,2010. Τμήμα ολόκληρο με πολλά βιβλία υπάρχει , τα οποία απαντούν στην επιφανειακή θορυβώδη αντιεπιστημονική προπαγάνδα. Η επικίνδυνη πολιτιστική βία οδηγεί σε καταστροφές ανεξέλεκτες και σε αυτούς που την χρησιμοποιύν ευκαιριακά. Είναι εύκολο τέτοια βιβλία να βρεθούν απέναντι σε αυτούς που αποφασίζουν ή ασκούν πνευματική βία. Οι Διπλωμάτες και οι Πολιτικοί έχουν χρέος να το πράξουν. Λονδίνο 7.8.10 Βησσαρίων Μπακόλας

marios says:

🙂 🙂 :):) :):): 🙂 🙂

dont fight for what it was Alexander ….. greek or not ?

just read a profecy in OLD TESTAMENT ….

DANIEL ,chapter 8 , paragraph 0-27

: it says it will be a greek king who will destroy perses

and this one was the only : Alexander the great ……

at least this said the angel Gabriel to the Daniel !!!!!!!

…. conclusion … the slavs are liers … and in front of god !

bimo arianto says:

Blogroll links aint that great 😛 but i am not the admin 😛 Just Telling 😛 😀

A.the G. says:

heracules is a myth, pelasgian people were originally from the attica area and were kicked out by the dorian invaders, only some kings of macedonia claimed greek ancestery, stagira was a greek colony of athens, greeks were not found north of thessally except for some colonies founded by athens and cornith,greek gods were worshipped by thracians ,lydians,carians and many other people who were non greek, slavs in the area of macedonia have been calling themselves macedonian since they arrived,greeks have only been in the colonies on the coast of macedonia since ancient times, illyrians are not pelasgian, alexander the great spread hellenism because he was half greek and was enamoured by them through his mother and tutour aristotle who was a greek fron stagira,historians just want to follow the same myth that was probagated by the ancient greek historians who wre biased to say the least but there are some historians who have written the truth.

nikos says:

makedonarman really claims macedonians and alexander as vlachs? Are we serious. Olimpias and fillip -- the parents of alexander were vlachs? please…..
Alexander was a descendant of hercules, this is well known…
Come on, lets get serious.

Konstantina says:

Very childish notion but i will give it a shot anyhow.

If Kiro Gligorov said that you and your Slavic people are NOT related to ancient Macedonians who were Greeks, how did you Slavs portray yourselves as descedants of Macedonians? Ancient Macedonians had Nothing to do with Slavs but were Proud Greeks so i believe this sums it up and follows your unique line of thought.

Best wishes from Thessalonike, Macedonia, Greece, the homeplace of Alexander the Great.

Gorazd says:

If Demosten said that Philip was barbarian, how come Philp or his son Alexander become Greek. Other people who was not Greek, anicent Greeks call there barbarians. Anicent Macedonians was barbaric people for Greeks in Atina, Sparta, Teba… so they were a not Hellenic, but seample Macedonians and barbarians for Greeks. Is did`t matter how Macedonians or Greeks speaks, is very immporntant what Christ tell us, to be in love and show to the world that we are His students. Does we? In the name of our God, I send the best whishes to the greek people beacuse we are the same people of God, laos tu Teu, народ Божји.

popdoc says:

I I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am a Greek from Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece. About the argument concerning Demosthenes’ speech, please read the answer below by kryptia_E. It says things I already know from my personal study- except the number of the Greek minority in F.Y.R.O.M . (I am not sure it is accurate).
When this conflict /dispute started in international level, I started wondering if my country’s historiography was false, if yours country’s historiography was false or the truth was somewhere between. So, I checked many sources (Greek, international AND FYROM’s) and I have found that the Greek historiography is 95% accurate- and (sorry) FYROM’s historiography is false in a similar percentage. It is hard for you to be objective and acknowledge that most of the things your state has taught you is inaccurate (at best) but please do your homework- I have done mine.
Just for a clue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pella_curse_tablet
I can read all the ancient text and understand about 80% of it. What about you?

Αυτοεξόριστος says:

South against North…. you see it around the world. America, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Spain, France, Germany(east -west) Russia, Turkey, China, Korea…… so the south Greece were having problems with the north Greeks… Athenians were also fighting against Spartans and Crete people….were they not Greeks themselfs ? Alexander The Great said himself he was Greek….in India and all the east countries that Alexander conquered they all know him as Alexander of the Yunan….(of the Greeks) ….
You speak a bulgaric dialect, your culture and music is almost the same, your war heroes are bulgarians, albanians and serbs say you are bulgarian and you were known as southern slav in Vardaska Bonovina. When you are going to wake up ?
I AM MACEDONIAN BECAUSE I WAS BORN MACEDONIAN ! I WRITE AND SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF MY ANCESTORS ! AND I HAVE THE SAME CULTURE AS THEM !

Ιπποκρατης says:

Well said Stratoniki.Makadonia is Hellenic and will always be Hellenic

stratoniki says:

There is only one Makedonia, and it is Hellenic!!! Alexandros is a Hellene!
the small country of Vardaska or fyrum/scorpjian, should stop claiming themselves to be something they are not.
they should face the fact that they are not Makedones, they are slavs./ albanians/yugoslavs, etc.,
for the Goddess’ sake, what is wrong with being a slav? don’t they like to be called Vardaskans? it is a lovely name!

should the Mexicans call themselves costa ricans ? or Canadians?

nice site btw!
regards

Makedonarman says:

Of course, the Slaves from FYROM, they have any rights to call themselves Macedonian. The most ridiculous thing is to call their Bulgarian language, the Macedonian language. Did Alexander the Great speak to his soldiers , for example, “dobre vecher”, “dobre den”, .. etc.? On the other hand, the written history from the time of Antique Macedonia shows that Alexander another language spoke to his soldiers, another language then greek language. The historians did not find any proofs concerning the origin of this language but the historians have to ask themselves some questions:
1. What´s happened whith the “non greek” population from Macedonia after 168 BC, when the Romans occupied Macedonia and Macedonia became “ Provincia Romana”. Is this population maybe, the population from Antique Macedonia (including Epirus and Thessaly), the Latin speaking population ? Are we talking about the Armans (the Macedonarmans), with their own name “Armân” or “Makedonarmân”, known also as Aromanian-Vlachs, Helino-Vlachs, Macedo-Vlachs, Cincars, one of the oldest European peoples ?

Nick Hodges says:

I am also a Macedonian Greek and I was born in Giannitsa not too far away from Pella.I came to the United States in 1957. I am a retired math teacher and I have been fighting for our Hellenic and Macedonian rights for almost twenty years.
I would like to take a few minutes to express my thoughts regarding the Macedonization process that has taken place among the South Slavonian people of former Yugoslavia and the Macedonian Greek people of northern Greece.
It has been more than seventy years that the South Slavonian people of former Yugoslavia have been MACEDONISING(JENISSARISING) themselves and in the last fifteen or so years they ETHNICISED their Macedonisation and therefore they have now transformed their MACEDONISATION into a believe or not a nationality at least on paper and for their records.
While the South Slavonians were busy MACEDONISING and then ETHNICISING(NATIONALISING) themselves, a group of American I may say pseudo-historians were DEHELLENISING the Macedonian Greek people and were assigningto them and their Macedonian ancestors a separate and distinct,I may say,national Macedonian identity.
In other words, they, at least on paper, were confusing us Macedonian Greeks with their South Slavonian friends although they knew or ought to know as historians that there is nothing really that we have in common with their South Slavonian friends. In other words, they are telling us that we are not Greeks or even Macedonian Greeks but , can you believe that, we are obviously related to the Slavic people and we have nothing in common with the Greek people and neither did our Macedonian ancestors.
I do not like to name them but I think we Macedonian Greek people should know others are thinking about us and our ancestors who unfortunately are not to defend themselves against the historical lies, deception, fraud and forgery that is aimed against us from both sides, the South Slavonians and the pseudo-historians like Borza, Green, Badian, just to name three of them who constitute the holy trinity of the South Slavonians of former Yugoslavia.

Nick Hodges.

ere to

Nolan says:

I have just sent an essay on how Macedonia is Greek to several Fyromian websites and this websites to show Greeks the content. I am a Philhellene and I am well known by Greeks on youtube. My username on there is ng1294 and I hope Greece is proud of my essay!

D.E.A.A.A.Fondriasopolous says:

Very informative and educational. However, I am searching out the beliefs of the Dorics and want to compare them to the Dodekatheons. It is written where Alexander The Great came upon a tribe in northwester Pakistan who were embracing the Dodekatheon principles. Handed down by word of mouth, today they still have story tellers in the square revealing visits of Alexander. The Dodekatheon beliefs might have risen out of the ancient Dorics and go back further in history than some scholars believe. Some people of Hebrew decent and now practicing jews like to claim that their culture is much older than Grek culture. When I googled the following question, i.e., “When were jews invented?”, it seems they cannot trace their culture beyond 600AD.

Please feel free to write to me at my e-mail address and I will be happy to hear from you or anyone else who happens to read this. I am a Macedonian Greek, raised German and schooled English. Thank You.

westclub4 says:

Dear Angelo and readers,

It is true that Aristotle and Alexander the Great, son of King Philippe of Macedonia, were both Greeks, though they were not both of them Macedonians also. Actually, it is only Alexander who is an ethnic Macedonian (i.e. a Macedonian Greek) at the time, since Aristotle was of Ionian (i.e. Chalkedean) Greek ethnic origin himself. The original Macedonians were a Dorian Greek tribe, whereas the Chalkedeans were -still, at the time, a different ethnic Greek people. Although they were still a Greek tribe themselves, Chalkedeans were nonetheless not Macedonian themeselves, since one cannot be both an Ionian Greek and a Dorian Greek, at the same time. Neither could they, because they duelled and lived to a formerly Paeonean and Thracian land, not an Macedonian one. Indeed, the Chalkedeans were an ethnic Ionian Greek tribe, which were akin to those Ionian Greeks of the south and of the southeast and, in particular, was akin to the Attican-Ionian people of Athens and were always have been very close to their political views and geo-strategy.

Alexander’s Macedonians were also an ethnic Greek tribe themselves. Indeed, they were not a far or a distant or a foreign culture to the Ionians and to the rest of the south Greeks. At no point, they were a barbaric northern ethnic tribe. Ancient Macedonians belonged to a much greater -and also to an equally ancient, ethnic Greek tribe, which was that of the Dorians. Historic as well as ancient Macedonians were always ‘Greek to the Bone’. Chalkedeans were also very proud of their Greek origin. They were also proud of their Ionian Greek descent. Ethnic Macedonian Greeks were always living in what consists of contemporary southeastern Albania -including the cities of Moschopolje and Pogradec and also the city of Korytsa, as well as the city of Bitola (or Monastiri), Ohrida (or Ahrida) and Dibre, which today belong to the state of FYROM.

On the other hand, the cities of Vellesa, Strumnica, Mavrovo, Yevgeli, Perlepes -from FYROM as well as those major cities of the Bulgaria’s Pyrin Macedonian region -namely the city of Blagoevgrad and Petritsi, as well as Tzoumagia and much of the concurrent Northern Greek Macedonian province, were once consisting of the Peaonian and Thracian lands. Paeonian and Thracian ethnic tribes duelled and lived into those ancient lands before they become assimilated to the expanding Greek kingdom of Macedonia, itself -at the time. Nonetheless, Paeonians and Thracians were closely related to Macedonians (i.e. to Dorian Greeks) and to Chalckedeans (i.e. to Ionian Greeks), as well and, to the rest of the Greeks, in the southern ancient Greek provinces.

Around the ancient city of Scopje (or Scupi), the Dardanians were to be found. The Dardanians were an ethnically-mixed people of Thracian-Illyrian ethnic origin and of ancient Pelasgian Greek ethnic stock, which were also akin to Greek Hellenes (i.e. to Macedonian Greeks, Chalkedean Greeks, and so on) of the southern parts of the Hellenic Peninsula, as well. A certain Dardanos, their mythical leader and gennator has been one of the few Pelasgian-Ionian Greeks, who once had founded the city of Athens. Thereby, the Dardanians can neither be considered as a ‘foreign’ people to the Greeks of the time or, indeed, as a ‘barbarous’ ethnic tribe of the north, which although lived alongside them has nonetheless nothing in common with the Greeks in terms of culture, language and civilisation too.

Although the Dardanians were not yet to be considered as being ‘fully-fledged’ Greeks to the eyes of the southern Greeks -that is, to the eyes of the Ionian Greeks in particular, they were nonetheless Pelasgian Greeks themselves too, since they were themselves of an also significant Thracian and Illyrian ethnic stock and national origin, as well as, of a particularly Pelasgian Greek material culture and civilisation, and also tribal descent and lineage.

As for the northwesternmost ancient neighbors of the Macedonian Greeks of the old days, i.e. the Illyrians, they were neither a barbarian, nor a foreign ethnic people to their contemporary Greeks, either. They were a significant indigenous northwestern Graeco-Pelasgian tribe of the old Hellenic Peninsula ancient people’s stock, which had for their gennator -the mythical King Illyrios- who has been the son of the Theban (i.e Boeotean) Greek King Cadmus and of his also Greek wife, Princess Armonia. The old or the ‘real’ Illyrians, which were once to be found into the northwestern regions of modern-day Albania, as well as into the contemporary Montenegrin and Serbian Illyrian regions, and also throughout the Illyrian lands of Bosnia and Croatia, and across the Dalmatian coastaline as well, were always being particularly akin to the Epirotan Greeks and to the Macedonian Greeks.

They were nonetheless closely related to the Greeks; That is, ethnically-speaking. Indeed, they were akin to the Dorian and to the Aeolian Greek ethnic tribes of the old, which were once living alongside them into the Northwestern parts of the Hellenic Peninsula in mythical and in very ancient times.

However, we need not contrast the Pelasgian Greek peoples of the north to the rest of the ancient ethnically Greek and Hellenic-Pelasgian peoples of the south of the Peninsula. Indeed, the ancient Illyrians, Thracians, Dardanians, Peaonians, and so on were ethnic Pelasgian tribes who were always akin to the southernmost of the ancient Pelasgian Greeks tribes, i.e. to the Dorian and to the Ionian Pelasgian Hellenes themselves.

On the other hand, those Pelasgians of the north along with their southernmost ethnic Greek brothers were completely foreign to the barbarous Avaric Slavs and Tatars (i.e. to the proto-Bulgarian ethnic tribes) who were not yet in the Balkans and who were only many centuries later left to invade and occupy Hellenic and Pelasgian Greek lands of the indigenous southern Hellenes and of the also indigenous Pelasgian Greek peoples of the northeast and of the northwest of the Hellenic Peninsula; That is, of the land of the Thrakes’, the land of the Illyrians and the Dardanian and Paeonian lands of ancient Pelasgian Greek peoples who also duelled into those, as well.

The foreign and barbarian Bulgars, Avars and Slavs were quick to disturb that unbroken cultural thread, which existed ever since the Hellenic (or Pelasgian Greek) tribes first settled into the Hellenic Peninsula many thousand years ago. They have shattered ever since their arrival, both Hellenic-Greek rule and Graeco-Pelasgian order in the area. They have yet disrrupted the indigenous and ethnically-Greek tribal lineage, descent and also origin of the old Pelasgian Greeks and of the concurrent to their arrival, strong Hellenic Greek dynasties throughout the provinces of Illyria, Thrake, Dardania as well as in much of the original Paeonian (i.e. Northern Macedonian) land.

It is about time to make up for all the broken threads. It is about time to end oppressive Slavic and Bulgarian rule and, also it is about time for recovering the true history and traditions of the indigenous Hellenic-Pelasgian Greek peoples of the Balkans. Forward to a federated and democratic Hellenic Republic of all Balkan Peoples, either being that of an ethnic-Greek substrata or being that of an ethnic-barbarian! Long live the future Hellenic Republic and the Pelasgian Greek cosmopolitismos!

Elias L.A.

Angelo says:

Great and very informative website!! Greece should not back down, it has the truth and history on it’s side…

To show how short-sighted and ignorant the FYROM propagandists are they dispute Alexander’s Greekness while they admit Aristotle was Greek when they are both MACEDONIANS! Aristotle was from Stagira, located in Greek Macedonia.

Roxane says:

We must really try to protect the symbol Macedonia from the FYROMian belligerant nationalism.Slav usurpation of greek land has already happened in 1913; this can easily be repeated if Greece adopts a laxist attitude toward this particular southern serbian multi-origin group of people with no true sense of History or ethnic allegiance.
Good continuation….

Hellenic Australian says:

YES!!!

penny says:

i totally agree

G says:

FANTASTIC!!